Mickey Guyton is a beacon of hope for all the young girls out there, hoping to share their stories with the world. Her song “What Are You Gonna Tell Her?” is beautifully crafted into this bittersweet call to action for things to change in the industry and the world.
“What Are You Gonna Tell Her” was written by Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks and Emma-Lee. Fun fact, this powerfully raw song was only written 3 weeks prior to Mickey performing it at the UMG Nashville Ryman Auditorium show, after which she received a standing ovation!
2016 was a big year for Mickey Guyton as she was nominated for her first Academy of Country Music Award for New Female Vocalist. In 2019, she sang “Hold On” from the smash hit movie “Breakthrough” with Chrissy Metz, Carrie Underwood, Maddie and Tae and Lauren Alaina. I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a dry eye in the house!
The Nashville based singer signed with Capitol Records in 2011. Mickey released Unbreakable and her self titled debut EP 3 years later. Since then, she has released a few singles as well as music videos. With her soaring vocals and raw talent, she continues to prove that she isn’t backing down. She’s been fighting to get not just her music, but any female country artist’s work played on the radio. And people are starting to take note.
- Nashville’s Hit Podcast “Spillin’ the Tea” Returns for a Second Season
- Oliver Anthony Debuts Career On Top Of Billboard Charts
- Taylor Swift Announces 1989 (Taylor’s Version)
- Auburn University Empowering The Future of Music Business
- Johnny Dailey’s Simple Pleasure Anthem “Living Don’t Cost A Lot”
- Carly Pearce Announces New Tour And Song