Holdyn Barder releases new single “Like You Do”, a modern country ballad in a socially digital society.
In 2018, Holdyn started co-writing with vets in Nashville, making connections with Jason Matthews and Mike Mobley. These three wrote “Like You Do”, based on relationships where couples are stuck in an online focused world. Holdyn wants to write songs that are relatable to his fans, which makes his new single a perfect way to showcase that.
“He reminds her that the only thing that he cares about is her, and not the extra, materialistic things.”
This modern romantic ballad is about being together in person with your loved one instead of being caught up in social media. The lover presented in the song misses his girlfriend because she’s always scrolling on her social media feed, heard in the first verse when Holdyn sings, “I don’t want a selfie baby no matter how cute. I don’t want a Snapchat, that ain’t no substitute. I don’t want no text, no tweet, no Instagram story. If you’re gonna push my button baby nothing does it for me…”
As the verse transitions to the chorus, he tells her what he actually wants instead of a usual push notification.
Like you do
Laying right beside me I can feel your heartbeat
Right through my old t-shirt you put on
Giving me something to wrap my arms around
It won’t get lost up in the cloud
If you can’t tell baby nothing else will do
Like you do
“Like You Do” is Holdyn‘s debut original single as a Country Music artist. This comes after his own rendition of Luke Combs’ “She Got The Best Of Me” and Ronnie Milsap’s “Smoky Mountain Rain”.
When asked how it feels to have his first original song out to his fans of more than 4.5k on Spotify, Holdyn excitedly tells me, “It is the most amazing feeling in the entire world! I have been itching to put out my originals… I am so glad that I chose ‘Like You Do’ as the first! I am so happy I can share my sound with the world and have them relate to my lyrics.” On the release date, “Like You Do” climbed the iTunes Country Top Songs chart to #113. “The response has been INCREDIBLE so far – more than I could have ever asked for or imagined!”
Right now, Holdyn is focused on reaching as many followers and country music fans as possible with “Like You Do”. But, if you are fans like I am, you’ll be happy to know there is an EP coming!
“I definitely plan on releasing a debut EP in the coming months! Right now, however, I am fully focused with red-dot vision on getting this single out to as many people as possible! It is such a cool song! I can’t wait for the fans to have even more tunes to add to their playlists! I have a few others in mind as well that I have written for future projects, too! For me, that is what music is all about! A debut EP is definitely in sight and I cannot wait!”
FOLLOW HOLDYN BARDER
Explore More New Music
- Taylor Swift Announces 1989 (Taylor’s Version)Taylor Swift announces 1989 (Taylor’s Version) at her last show … Read more
- “Always Gonna Be” by Dan + Shay: Hope and Perseverance“Always Gonna Be” by Dan + Shay: Hope and Perseverance. … Read more
- Chris Stapleton Announces “Higher” AlbumChris Stapleton announces “Higher” album, along with a single release … Read more
- Deidre Thornell’s Captivating “He Never Does” VideoDeidre Thornell’s captivating “He Never Does” video is a work … Read more
- Frank Ray Releases Debut Self-Titled AlbumAfter years of putting in work, New Mexico native Frank … Read more
- Dylan Marlowe Releases “Dirt Road When I Die” Ahead of Opry DebutGet ready to hit the dusty trails of raw emotion … Read more