Kacey Musgraves has the honor of covering a legendary Elvis song for the upcoming Elvis biopic. She lends her talents to a cover of “Can’t Help Falling In Love”. Kacey is the perfect candidate for such an honor. Her silky, dreamy tones parallel the sounds of Elvis’ crooning style. First appearing in the 1961 film Blue Hawaii, the track is a classic love ballad, and Kacey shared how honored she was to be a part of such a project.
“Re-imagining one of the most iconic songs in history was such an honor and adventure. This is one of those songs that will always stand the test of flash and trends. One that feels like there couldn’t possibly have been a time when it didn’t exist,” Kacey Musgraves said on her Instagram of the honor. She also said that it was “an actual dream” to work with Elvis director Baz Luhrmann on the effort. Jack White and Jazmin Sullivan are just some of the other artists tapped to work on the soundtrack.
Elvis stars Austin Butler as the icon himself. The film releases on June 24. The official soundtrack drops the same day. Check out a snippet of Kacey Musgraves’ cover of “Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” in the trailer below. Make sure to follow Kacey Musgraves on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Nashville’s Hit Podcast “Spillin’ the Tea” Returns for a Second Season
- Oliver Anthony Debuts Career On Top Of Billboard Charts
- Taylor Swift Announces 1989 (Taylor’s Version)
- Auburn University Empowering The Future of Music Business
- Johnny Dailey’s Simple Pleasure Anthem “Living Don’t Cost A Lot”
- Carly Pearce Announces New Tour And Song