Oliver Anthony debuts career on top of Billboard Charts, as of Monday, August 21. This major feat comes with the release of his conservative anthem, “Rich Men North Of Richmond.”
Despite not ever being promoted to radio, Anthony’s song was played 553,000 times on the radio with audience impressions, and earned 17.5 million streams. The song also sold 147,000 downloads, all of this within the week of August 17.
Look At The Billboard Hot 100 Chart Below!
In a statement to Billboard, Anthony stated: “The hopelessness and frustration of our times resonate in the response to this song. The song itself is not anything special, but the people who have supported it are incredible and deserve to be heard.”
Anthony becomes the first artist in history to debut on the top of the Billboard Hot 100 Charts, and this has not come without some attention from major artists worldwide. This includes John Rich and even Gucci Mane.
Check Out Oliver Anthony Perform The Song Below!
Oliver Anthony has stated that he never wanted to become a full time musician, but with this kind of success, we bet that he was bound to be so!
- Nashville’s Hit Podcast “Spillin’ the Tea” Returns for a Second Season
- Oliver Anthony Debuts Career On Top Of Billboard Charts
- Taylor Swift Announces 1989 (Taylor’s Version)
- Auburn University Empowering The Future of Music Business
- Johnny Dailey’s Simple Pleasure Anthem “Living Don’t Cost A Lot”
- Carly Pearce Announces New Tour And Song