Taylor Hughes releases summer party anthem “Jesus And Jail” on Friday, June 30.
This electric song was inspired mainly by the saying “I live a little like Johnny Cash; somewhere between Jesus and Jail,” Hughes was bound to create a song so good you’ll want to listen to it on repeat all day.
“Firstly, I’m a Johnny Cash fan and I love the saying ‘I live a little like Johnny Cash; somewhere between Jesus and Jail’ because I felt like I could relate to that…back in my college days of course,” Hughes said in a statement. “I love the “outlaw” style of music and the great outlaw artists that came before me. Secondly, I thought it would be a fun and unique concept for us (my co-writer Krystal King) to write about. You don’t hear a lot of women singing about this kind of lifestyle or behaving this way. I think there are a lot more badass women out there than we realize so I wanted to write almost an ‘anthem’ for them.”
Look at Taylor’s “Jesus And Jail” Post Below!
Although Hughes being a rising country artist, this song is bound to set her apart from the crowd. The growth Hughes has done in between her songs is immense, as shown throughout the lyrics and instrumental. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy a song inspired by Johnny Cash?
Listen to “Jesus and Jail” here!
- Nashville’s Hit Podcast “Spillin’ the Tea” Returns for a Second Season
- Oliver Anthony Debuts Career On Top Of Billboard Charts
- Taylor Swift Announces 1989 (Taylor’s Version)
- Auburn University Empowering The Future of Music Business
- Johnny Dailey’s Simple Pleasure Anthem “Living Don’t Cost A Lot”
- Carly Pearce Announces New Tour And Song